- California Hair Surgeon, Walnut Creek, CA (Dr Sara Wasserbauer). Call 925 939 4763
- Leonard Hair Transplant Associates, Boston, New Hampshire, RI (Dr Matt Lopresti) Call 800 543 0660
- Foundation for Hair Restoration, Miami, FL (Dr Jeffrey Epstein) Call 305 666 1774
- The Physicians’ Hair Restoration Centre, Houston, TX (Dr Carlos Puig) Call 713 974 1808
- Bernstein Medical, New York, NY (Dr Robert Bernstein, Dr Christine Shaver) Call 212 826 2400
- The Hair Centre, Charlotte, NC (Dr Jerry Cooley) Call 704 368 4870
- Orange County Hair Restoration, Irvine, CA (Dr Ken Williams) Call 949 619 6724
- Hair Sciences Centre of Colorado, Denver, CO (Dr James Harris) Call 303 586 6239
- Tempus Hair Restoration, Central Florida, FL (Marco Barusco) 877 877 5200
Frequently asked questions
Hair rejuvenation refers to rebuilding hair follicles. HairClone’s cell therapy aims to rebuild hair follicles by replacing dermal papilla cells that are lost over time.
Cryopreservation at HairClone is a process using proprietary technology to cool follicles to very low temperatures (as low as -196 °C). Any chemical activity in the follicle cells is effectively stopped and cells enter a state of ‘suspended animation’. Follicles can be stored for many years and when appropriately thawed, their cells resume normal function.
HairClone aims to begin clinical work in the UK in 2024. The goal is to optimise the clinical process and find the most effective treatment method. Based on results, clinicians in the UK can prescribe treatment using HairClone’s ‘Cell Expansion Service’. Our physician partners will work closely with our UK physicians to give access to those outside the UK.
Results of this clinical work will be used to inform a multi-centre, international clinical trial with the aim of eventually offering treatments worldwide.
We will do our utmost with the financial resources available to offer this therapy as quickly and efficiently as possible.
At this point, we are unable to give exact figures; however, we anticipate costs to be competitive with hair transplants.
No! Many scientific advancements have been made through the use of animal studies; however, human hair is unique and cannot be readily modelled in animals. HairClone use human tissue and advanced omics techniques to translate laboratory findings directly into the clinic. This approach precludes the need to demonstrate efficacy in animal studies.
DHT is a leading cause of hair loss due to initiating cell loss in susceptible follicles. HairClone’s treatment takes dermal papilla cells from follicles that are insensitive to DHT and multiplies them. When injected into thinning areas, miniaturising follicles will be rebuilt using cells that retain their original genetics and remain non-responsive to DHT, providing a long-term effect.
It is likely that treatment will need repeating every 2-3 years if or when new areas begin to lose DP cells and miniaturise.